You say you are ready but are you truly committed?
It’s an interesting word commitment – for some it will hold negative connotations of duty and obligation and for others it can mean proudly standing with integrity and really doing what you say you’ll do (even when the going gets tough).
I like to think of commitment as a promise with a plan and a promise is not something I like to break, either to myself or to others. I made a promise to myself when I started out in business that I would do whatever it took to succeed – getting the help I needed, learning top strategies, enrolling in the best programs and always doing better than my previous personal best. I also made a promise to my family that the hard work and all the support that they gave to me would eventually pay off.
I’ve come across many entrepreneurs who say they are ready for success. Sure, they are often smart and gifted and have the potential to bring something of considerable value to the world. But very often I get the sense they aren’t really willing to do what it really takes to succeed. In short, you can say you are ready but ask yourself whether you are honestly willing to make the necessary changes? It’s not about what you could do but rather what you will do – and that’s a subtle yet huge distinction that can make the difference between failure and success. This is where commitment comes in – do you take your commitments lightly or do you really stand by them and persevere until you succeed?
What are you actually willing to let go of in order to grow and succeed? Take an audit of your current lifestyle and make a list of all the things that are getting in the way of success. You better be prepared to give up those things that are standing in the way – that means giving up what’s making you unhealthy, frustrated, broke and playing small in the world. List your personal favorite excuses that you use again and again and again. “I’m not ready.” “I don’t know enough.” “I can’t afford it.” “I’ll get around to it next week.” Be honest – it’s time to face your internal “blah, blah, blah”.
Now make a list of what you are willing to do (not could do but really willing to do) in order to succeed. And here’s a secret. What you are really willing to do also feels really uncomfortable. That’s because it’s right on the edge of your personal comfort zone. And get specific. Here are some suggestions to start with:
- set bold financial goals for your business and follow a clear plan that supports you;
- be willing to say no to less than ideal clients (this will open up the space for ideal clients!);
- spend far more time actively marketing your services;
- learn how to have a productive sales conversation;
- be willing to take risks and “give it a try” even when you feel scared or it doesn’t feel right;
If you have set some ambitious goals for your business and are willing to do what is necessary to achieve them, then I would love to offer you the possibility to work with me personally during a one-day private VIP intensive program that I call Accelerate. Our intensive VIP day together can take place either virtually or in person at a beautiful location in Scottsdale, Arizona where you will be fully taken care of so that you can focus solely on you and your business.
Accelerate is only for you if you:
- are finally fed up with your internal voice of blah, blah, blah;
- are frustrated with the current results you are achieving;
- want to clarify your niche and ideal clients so that you can more effectively market your services;
- want to change your mindset around money and charge what you know you are worth for your services;
- want to lay out your services within a “Profit Pyramid” so that you can clearly and realistically see how to achieve your goals;
- want to establish a clear marketing & sales plan with inspired and simple next steps so that you can immediately start taking action;
- want to leave the day feeling inspired, energized and clear about what needs to happen next.
Contact us now if you are interested.
© 2012 Vanessa Shaw
ARE YOU READY TO BE BOLD & PLAY BIGGER?
Our zone of genius is helping ambitious entrepreneurs and business leaders earn more income, make a bigger impact, and enjoy greater freedom. If you have big bold goals of running a 6- or 7-figure business and you are ready to get out of your own way then you have come to the right place. Our Business Growth Academy Programs will help you build a profitable business and a life you love. Schedule a quick business brainstorm session with one of our strategists.